Eating Disorder Expert

Lots of practical advice and information for families in the UK to help understand eating disorders including Bulimia, Pica, Anorexia etc..

They have lots of FAQ’s and a “Ask The Expert” section where you can get some more in depth advice.



Mental Health Foundation

The Foundation offers a range of support services across the whole of the UK including help for children and young people in schools.

They also promote ways to deal with mental health issues.

SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health)

SAMH currently operates 60 services across the whole of Scotland to support people with their mental health. You can contact them through their helpline to discuss the variety of options and services near you.

CAMHS (children and adolescent mental health services)

CAMHS is part of the NHS mental health services, specifically dedicated to children and young people in England. They can provide a range of services and people to help including help from psychiatrists, psychologists, support workers, nurses and occupational therapists.

You may need a referral from someone who works with your child, often a general practitioner (GP), teacher or social worker. However, some clinics also accept self-referrals from young people or parents and carers.


Rethink will guide you to Mental Health Support Services in the UK or information through their helpline (restricted hours) or online information service. They have lots of useful guides about how to maintain good Mental health and who to ask for support when you need it.

Mind (The Mental Health Charity)

Mind provides advice and support for anyone experiencing a mental health problem in the UK. They support young people and you can contact them through their helpline or drop in centres around the country.  They offer a range of other services including help with housing or employment concerns and also host training schemes for schools and employers.


The NSPCC Mental Health team support children and their families with any issues concerning them. Their services include direct confidential family support, local service centres as well as a range of practical services for schools and local groups.
You can contact them through their 24 hour helpline or through their website.

The Children’s Society

The Children’s Society offer a variety of services to support children and young people with Mental Health issues, mostly they are at regular drop in services around the UK. Centres offer support and counselling.

CYPMHC (children and young people’s mental health coalition)

CYPMHC ensure that children’s and young people’s mental health in England is a priority by involving a number of organisations to work together. They work with schools to encourage positivity and ways to manage Emotional Wellbeing with a range of programmes.

Penumbra (Scotland)

Penumbra offers a large range of services which provide practical support towards recovery for children and young people with Mental Health issues. Penumbra also campaign to increase public awareness about Mental Health across the whole of Scotland.