Finding help at school

Whether you’re having a nightmare with getting an EHCP for your child, or are looking for an academic adventure for your gifted disabled child, you’ll find everything you need here. There is support available to make sure your special educational needs (S.E.N.) child to gets the same​ opportunities as everyone else at their school. Your opinions and ideas about your child’s education really count – in fact, you have to be listened to legally!

Everything starts with your Senco...But whats a Senco?

Your Senco (special educational needs co-ordinator) is a designated teacher who is trained to support children needing specialist support.  Ask your school who your names Senco is then book an appointment. 

Apart from Sencos, you'll meet Sencos, Ed psychs and lots of different professionals who will help to support your child.

This useful video explains who some of them are, or to find out more look at our people you'll meet page, with the low down on everyone from social workers to physiotherapists.


While your child goes through diagnosis and treatment, you may come across some specialist therapists and professionals. Here is our handy guide to the types of professionals that are there to support your child and what they do.

Click on the links below to find out more about the process of getting formal support for you child. You can always contact us if you have any questions or need more specific information. Our helpdesk link is at the bottom of this page.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

The Education, Health and Care plan is an exciting new way of supporting your child at school. Find out more about EHCPs here.


What can you do if your child’s application for assessment or EHCP is turned down? ...Get advice and help here.

Disability Living Allowance Seeing

If you're looking for extra help for a child with SEN, Dyslexia, or on the autistic spectrum you have come to the right place!

7% of children in the UK are disabled...

that’s almost as many as green  M&Ms in a packet!


If you're looking for communication switches, wheelchair mounts, almost indestructible tablet cases, pointers, Mouthsticks, Head Pointers, or Styluses then you've come to the right place!

We've selected some fab products for you to check out here...but don't forget to click on our directory link below to find loads more!

This made me giggle...even my little one would have trouble being this cruel to his phone or tablet case.


The iGuy is a fun, free-standing, and kid-friendly iPad mini case. Fits iPad mini 3, mini 2, and mini.


Mount assemblies for iPads

RAM mounts

Attach iPads to any surface


Big range of adaptive pointers

Inclusive technology

All about switches

Browse loads of other suppliers of adaptions

Use our directory to find lots of organisations who supply adaptations

Alternative & Augmentative Communication (AAC)

Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) is used as an alternative to speech or to add to it. The organisations listed give really detailed information about the different types you can use, including symbols, signing and gestures.

While working with kids who have trouble speaking, Ajit Narayanan sketched out a way to think about language in pictures, to relate words and concepts in "maps." The idea now powers the FreeSpeech app, which can help nonverbal people communicate.

Ajit Narayanan is the founder and CEO of Invention Labs, and the inventor of Avaz AAC. A fantastic inside into speech development in Autism.

Speak for Yourself is an Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) application that was created by speech-language pathologists.

This AAC app turns the iPad into a communication device to give a voice to adults and children who are not able to speak or are limited in their ability to express themselves verbally.

Dragon Dictation

Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition application powered by Dragon® NaturallySpeaking® that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. In fact, it’s up to five (5) times faster than typing on the keyboard.


CandLE are a communication aid centre and learning support provider. Working with individuals who have communication and/or learning difficulties, families & organisation.

See all there is to see about AAC

Use our directory to find suppliers and organisations who can help with Alternative and Augmented Communication

Apps and Programmes

There are apps and educational programmes to help with Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, Autism, ADHD, handwriting fine and gross motor skills. 

There are also some great sites that review and list all educational apps and programme you could ever need to support your child's virtual learning.


1000 Recommended Apps for children with special needs...They have compiled a list of 1000 Apps used by Teachers, Therapists and Parents. This list is a result of endless hours of collaboration by professionals from all over the world. The Apps are considered to be among the very best apps to help children and adults with special needs as well as teachers and therapists.

Speak for Yourself is an Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) application that was created by speech-language pathologists. This AAC app turns the iPad into a communication device to give a voice to adults and children who are not able to speak or are limited in their ability to express themselves verbally.

Get click appy

Use our directory to find lots of other  great Apps & Programmes

Sensory Games & Apps

Find sensory games & apps

Find some brilliant light and sound apps in our directory. From popping bubbles to making your own virtual fireworks pretty...but be warned! These are really addictive - especially for mums and dads.

Sky Badger can also help you with...

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)


Find extra help at school, information about Education, Health, Care Plans (EHCP), apps & programmes, tech and IT for supporting learning and sensory activities.

disabled holidays uk

Holidays & Free time

Find holidays, sports, free cinema tickets, theatre, clubs, art, dance, music, days out, make a wish charities and more.


Useful technology & kit

Find sensory toys, useful technology, trikes and bikes, wheelchairs & mobility.

disabled grants


Find grants, governemnt benefits and help with your utility and council tax bills.


Legal stuff

Find out about disability rights, educational and medical law and how to find a specialist advocate or lawyer.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Medical stuff

Find information about your child's medical condition, medicines that they take and mental health support.

Not sure where to turn?


Contact our helpdesk

Do you need specific help for your disabled or special needs child? Click here to tell us more about what you're looking for and our helpdesk team will do their very best to find you what you need. All of our advice is confidential and we will not share your details or personal information with anyone.