Flexible working

You have the statutory right to ask for flexible working if you have, or expect to have, parental responsibility for a disabled child under 18 who receives Disability Living Allowance. Under the law, your employer must seriously consider an application you make, and only reject it if there are good business reasons for doing so.

  • gov.uk: the Benefits Adviser provides information about all benefits, including disabilities.
  • Adviceguide: run by the Citizens Advice Bureau.
  • Benefits Enquiry Line: Freephone 0800 882200. Advice and a form-completion service for some benefits.
  • Turn 2 Us: Freephone: 0808 802 2000. Benefits, grants and other help and advice.